Skip to content
India’s Geographical Location: 10 Facts You Should Know
1. India is located in the southern part of Asia.
2. It is bordered by Pakistan to the west, China, Nepal, and Bhutan to the north, Bangladesh and Myanmar to the east, and Sri Lanka and the Maldives to the south.
3. India is the seventh-largest country in the world, with a total area of 3,287,263 square kilometers (1,269,219 sq mi).
4. India’s mainland stretches between latitudes 8°4′ north and 37°6′ north, and longitudes 68°7′ east and 97°25′ east.
5. The Tropic of Cancer (23°30′ North) runs through the center of the country. It divides the country into almost two equal halves. North India is to the north of this latitude, and South India is to the south.
6. India is entirely located in the northern and eastern hemispheres.
7. India is a peninsula, and it is surrounded by the Indian Ocean on three sides.
8. The Arabian Sea is located to the west of India, and the Bay of Bengal is located to the east.
9. India has a coastline of 7,516.6 km (4,670.4 mi).
10. India is a land of diversity, with a wide range of cultures, religions, and languages.
You may also like...