A group of one or more parents and their children living together as a unit.Family are related to one another and live together. Sometimes, the members of a family, leave the main family for various reasons like marriage, job, education, etc., and make their own separate family.
What is a family tree?
Family tree indicates that many generations spread out and grow just like the many branches of the tree. But while drawing a family tree it is written from the eldest to the youngest from top to bottom.
Generation in a Family
There are four generations in my family. All of us live together in the same house. All of us have our meals together. We celebrate festivals and other functions together. We all get the love of our great grandfather and great grandmother. All of us take care of them with respect.
This type of family with more than 2 generations, living together in the same house is called as a joint family. This type of small family with only two generations living together is called as a nuclear family.
- What is a family?
Ans:A group of one or more parents and their children living together as a unit.
2. What are the responsibilities of the children in the family?
- Ans: Respect the parent, grandparents and elders.
- Go to school regularly
- help the parent in household works
- Follows the good family tradition and culture.
3. What are the responsibilities of he parents?
- Ans: Earn livelihood to meet all the needs of the family.
- Manage the home with all required facilities which ensure the family quality and hygienic
- Take care of children , give them good education, healthy food and good environment at home.
- Follow the good customs of the family and tradition to the next generation.
4. What are the responsibilities of the grandparents?
- Ans: Give good advice and timely suggestion in solving problem in the family
- Guide the entire family properly with their experience in life.
- Extend the required help in household work.
- Show tender , love care and sympathy for the children.
5. What is a family tree?
Ans: Family tree indicates that many generations spread out and grow just like the many branches of the tree. But while drawing a family tree it is written from the eldest to the youngest from top to bottom.
II. Fill in the Blanks
1.Small family with only parents and children are called nuclear family.
2.A joint family is usually a big family
3.Man is social
4.Unity in family is important to have security, peace and happiness.
5.A story from Panchatantra about good friends
6.My family is a joint family